Financial tools for 2023
Retirement savings are important for the future as it is always good to have a pool of funds in case of an uncalled-for event like a health condition or expenses related to your house or car. It is always good to get started on your savings journey early on. You can also benefit from the personalised retirement projections available in the DISS annual report to estimate whether or not your predicted future balance is on track to achieving the retirement lifestyle you want. The tools mentioned here are not just about putting aside money every month, but would rather encourage you to change your spending and savings habits and help you with budgeting for today and planning for the future.
- Financial advice – the Financial Markets Authority’s (FMA) website has a library of information on financial advice and where to get it.
- Budgeting tool – this tool helps set goals for spending, to ensure money goes where you want it to.
- Retirement calculator – how much money do you think you might need for retirement? This tool can help you plan ahead of time.
- Risk tolerance tool – how much risk are you willing to take on with your investments, this tool can help give you a guide.
- Money Talks – talk to someone about setting new budget goals for the new year.
This information has been prepared by Mercer (N.Z.) Limited for general information only. The information does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs.
15 March 2023